Saturday, 13 August 2011

So Many Dresses...

With the quiet summer period and an ocean of amazing new fabrics in; I have so many new designs on the brain I just don't know where to begin!

I've just completed the first of my new Halloween collection with my customisable Gothic Lolita Trick or Treat Dress:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79598923/gothic-lolita-dress-in-halloween-trick


Currently under construction aswell is a new cupcake style sweet lolita dress in a very Kath Kidston inspired cotton with a shot silk dupion sash:


I'm thinking strapless with a princess style bodice and full gathered cupcake skirt. I also have a matching silk dupion shrug on the design board.


Next up I have some amazing fabrics I can't wait to get started on... first up is an adorable cherry print cotton that just has to be a sweet lolita. My favourite sketch so far is a lace embellished princess style square neck bodice with full cupcake skirt:




Another cute cotton destined for my Halloween collection is:


I haven't begun pattern drafting for this one yet so suggestions on a postcard ; ) Possibly a similar design to my trick or treat dress with a soft orange, blue or black ribbon lacing.


The next two bold retro florals are definitely saying 50s vintage to me:



I'm going classic ScarletCrafts with a bateau neckline and soft, full circle or gathered skirt.


This fabric I just couldn't put down. Cute and modern it will be another of my signature ScarletCrafts sweetheart dresses:



Finally (ahem... for now anyway) is the dress I keep picking up and putting down again:


This gold shot silk dupion will be an opulent above knee length cocktail dress. The self lined sweetheart bodice will have full gathered straps, and pleats will form the wide fitted waisband then softly puff out into a full cupcake skirt. I'm going to offer this one in a selection of colours including a seriously seductive midnight black shot red.

No comments:

Post a Comment